To create or edit Op-in, click ADD OPT-IN or click the edit icon (Bin) to edit details.
Fill in all the details as outlined below.
- Select Marketing channels for this opt in: Options are Email, Mail or SMS. Tick the desired options that you want presented to the customer for choice or a staff member selling from the back end application (e.g. walk-up or telephone sale).
- Marketing Opt-in Name: Enter the name of the opt-in, (e.g. ABC Theatre, ABC Tour Company or even a sponsor’s name) and whatever you build through a module (e.g. events/activities), you always want to visible. Remember, at the event/activity level, you will have the option to add specific opt-ins that relate (e.g. The Lorde Event has a third party/promoter who also wants access to the data). To ensure that you keep your marketing opt-in area clean, limit the number of opt-ins that are created.
- Marketing Opt-in Message: Enter the message that your customers will see about the opt-in (e.g. Check this box to receive information about events and activities and ABC Theatre).
- Would you like your customers to automatically opt-in to this marketing list? Do your customers need to opt-in or opt-out? For example, to opt-in, the question may state “Uncheck this box if you do not wish to receive information from ABC Company”. On the other hand, an opt-out option would mean they are automatically opted-in and they must uncheck the marketing opt-in box (e.g. Uncheck this box if you don’t want to receive information from ABC Company).
- Opt-in by Default- If your opt-in will be used quite often, and you prefer it to be automatically activated as on rather than having to flick the active switch to associate it to the event/activity/product etc, then select (tick) this option.